Mother’s Day is all about gift-giving, certainly, but it’s also a time to celebrate experiences, memories, and good times to come. Thus the savviest retailers do more than create expert gift guides for the day. Read on to see how some of our favorites are going above and beyond for the moms this year, launching image-filled interactive content, featuring exclusive designer interviews, and more.
1. Tarte Cosmetics: Besides culling all their best products into a Mother’s Day beauty guide, Tarte is celebrating the day with a designated baby pinboard. The company’s branding guru, Candace Craig, is pregnant, so she and Tarte are working together to get into the Mother’s Day spirit from the ground up. Interspersed throughout the pinboard featuring Craig’s baby picks are, of course, top products from Tarte to help new moms and moms-to-be.
2. Coach: Not only is Coach launching a self-titled magazine, but they’re tying in the inaugural content with Mother’s Day. Head to their Facebook page now to upload your favorite picture of you and your mom through a designated app — and then tag the image, add in filters and a caption, and submit it all to the editors. Coach’s app will even go through your Facebook albums for you, so it’s super easy to find the image you want to use.
3. Barneys New York: The chic department store put together a Mother’s Day gift guide, of course, but over on The Window, their designated editorial site, the retailer is celebrating the day with three of their favorite designers. Jennifer Meyer, Ann Dexter-Jones, and Jessie Randall (of Loeffler Randall) gave exclusive interviews about their personal Mother’s Day experiences — and preferences! — along with some of their top present picks for the day.
4. kate spade new york: To celebrate all manner of mothers, kate spade new york put together three different potential treat-filled, all-day outings. From tea and a botanical garden for the down-to-earth mom, to a wine tasting and massage for a charmingly sophisticated maternal parent, the brand came up with the perfect set of Mother’s Day activities — and the best accessories to match — to celebrate any type of mom this Sunday.
5. JC Penney: JC Penney teamed up with Cindy Crawford, her mother, and her budding model daughter, Kaia Gerber, to present the “Things My Mom Gave Me” sweepstakes on Facebook. Submit a photo of your mother, or an image that represents something she’s given you. Share the pertinent story to go with the image, and be entered to win a $1000 shopping spree with Cindy herself at a California JC Penney store.