1. Progressive retailer Opening Ceremony is looking for models, via an open casting call posted as a Facebook note. Unfortunately for most, while the method of hunt might be atypical, the sort of models OC is seeking are not. Must be at least 5’8″ to apply.
2. Not digital, but quite an honor — Phoebe Philo of Céline was only designer to receive an OBE on the Queen’s New Year’s Honours list.
3. Online shopping: responsible for the demise of the Little Black Dress? Some retailers’ statistics indicate so.
4. We’re kicking off the new year by doing our shopping right, with made-to-order artisans’ accessories from WE’VE, the creation process of which buyers get to watch via photo and film.
5. J. Crew’s Jenna Lyons is going to play Lena Dunham’s boss on Girls. Topical, topical, topical! Check her out in the trailer: