Tomorrow night marks the fourth annual installment of Fashion’s Night Out, which means drinks, DJs, makeovers, deals — the list goes on and on. By this point, the city-wide Halloween for adults is basically an institution, so we thought we’d seek out a particular niche some retailers are embracing. Here are the top five places to get your social media and techie side on tomorrow night:
1. Bergdorf Goodman: While the venerable department store has a slew of activities planned to celebrate its 111th birthday, which coincides with FNO, tomorrow night’s festivities include a fun, tech-savvy collaboration with Tumblr and Bosco, which operates photobooths. Guests are invited to get styling tips from as-yet-unnamed designers on hand, photograph themselves, turn the pictures into GIFs, and stream them on the store’s Tumblr.
2. BCBG: All seven of New York’s BCBG stores and their outposts at Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue will be hosting a contest via Instagram — drop by and deck yourself out in the brand, post a photo of your look on Instagram with the tag #BCBGFNO, and be automatically entered to win a $1000 spree at the store.
3. Clinique at Bloomingdales (59th Street): The Clinique counter at Bloomindale’s midtown flagship is teaming up with Teen Vogue to celebrate the night. Attendees are invited to show up wearing as distinct an outfit they can muster, have their makeup made over to match, and upload the resulting picture (from an on-site photobooth, of course) to the brand’s Facebook page. All the looks will be entered into Teen Vogue‘s Fashion Face-Off contest (but we don’t know the prizes yet).
4. Hugo Boss: This is all tech and no social media, and we bet it’ll look really cool. Hugo Boss (on 14th Street) is putting on an LED light show all night long. How fun is that?
5. Lulu Guinness: The British brand’s Bleecker Street store will play host to a Hollywood-style step and repeat. Guests are invited to take pictures on the faux red carpet, upload them to pretty much any social media network with the hashtag #LuluFNO, and be entered to win a Lulu Guinness handbag, selected by the editors of Vogue UK.