Mostly handheld, multi-colored, and all printed, we’re really feeling next spring’s crop of “It” bags. In the past, we looked to what the editors (and multitudinous celebs) were carrying to the shows, but for this season’s New York Fashion Week handbag wrap-up, we couldn’t ignore what was clearly a trend on the runways.
1. Where Marc Jacobs goes, everyone else follows, right? Naturally, we loved his striped, mod totes and shoulder bags.
2. Diane von Furstenberg keeps the look light and the frame over-sized with one of her printed styles for spring.
3. Okay, this little Rag & Bone clutch/wristlet is more on the colorblocking trend than the printed one, but it gets a spot on this list, anyway, with its multi-colored look and bright, springy pop of yellow.
4. Tory Burch went all out and matched some of her bags to the clothes — and the pretty, preppy-chic actually works!
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim‘s take on the printed bag is equal and opposite to the versions, above, from DVF and Tory Burch. That’s all right — we like the busy look with a darker edge.