Fashion Week, over? Hardly — there are three more weeks left to this “week,” and London’s in full swing. Continuing in New York’s quirk-heavy vein, mixed prints and notable fabrics ruled on. In a nod to the ongoing demand for instant gratification, a few of the big shows are already available for purchase. From across the pond, here our top five favorite looks of London Fashion Week so far:
1. The only designer who comes close to Mary Katrantzou‘s mind-bending use of prints is Mara Hoffman (and goodness knows we love her, too). Here, Katrantzou’s prints and silhouettes came together in an elegant line that’s totally covetable.
2. Burberry Prorsum was all sheen and pastel and pure white — when the brand’s signature trench appeared, it looked best cropped to a quarter of its usual size. Oh, and if you’re in the market, the Spring 2013 collection is already shoppable online.
3. Peter Pilotto, like Mary Katrantzou, was showing prints, prints, prints. The bodycon fit of a lot of the looks was in keeping with what seems to be de rigueur this spring.
4. Those sleeves! That trouser cut! They might have left the prints behind, but Acne never fails to look cool. We’re digging the oversized satchel, too.
5. Topshop Unique, the company’s higher-end answer to its all-trend fast fashion line, took a light, pleasant turn for the minimalist this spring. And, like Burberry, you can buy it online…now.