Need new summer basics? Take them up a notch with some of the top picks of the week from our favorite online style curators. Everything on offer below is multipurpose, or at least quite useful, while being anything but boring.
1. Ikat scarf on L-Atitude: It’s a scarf, it’s a sarong, it’s a dress — this cerulean blue crepe de chine item ($275) from L’Aviva can be used as all three. No matter how you wear it, the Uzbeki scarf should be useful all summer.
2. Earhart carry case on Of a Kind: It’s an iPad case, but it’s also a creatively structured, lightweight little bag ($88). Handmade in San Francisco from vegetable-tanned leather, the outer pockets hold other essentials (like your glasses, as shown).
3. Naked sports bra on AHAlife: It’s perfect for outdoor summer exercise — besides being incredibly lightweight, the back and shoulders of this sports bra ($42) are made from tan-through micromesh.
4. Hand clutch on Lux Fix: Besides the fact that it’s super-oversized for a typical clutch, this piece by Hare + Hart ($297) is also made from vegetable-tanned haircalf hide, so each piece is unique. The whole line is crafted from by-products of the Argentine beef industry, making Hare + Hart an unusual version of a luxe ethical label.
5. Ancient Greek sandals on Svpply: How fun are these? Take your normal, neutral leather sandals, add a little wing detail around the ankles, and you’ve got a totally different, statement look to take through the summer. No wonder this pair by LN-CC ($204.25) is trending on social style site Svpply right now.