Okay, even if you’re not getting out of town this weekend, these travel accessories and stylish, summery picks will be useful all season long. And since Memorial Day weekend is just the beginning, everything highlighted below is worth keeping in mind for the Fourth of July, Labor Day, and surprise getaway weekends in between.
1. Donald dop kit on AHAlife: No canvas duffel is complete without an elegant toiletry kit. Ditch the ziploc in favor of this leather dop kit by Moore & Giles ($135) — the lining is waterproof, so don’t worry about destroying it with beauty products.
2. Trans wayfarers on Svpply: No wonder these Italian sunglasses ($145) are currently trending on social style site Svpply. The unusual frames are handmade from translucent acetate, and that color isn’t likely to show up on anyone else’s shades this weekend.
3. Peak dot rucksack on Of a Kind: Maybe this is kind of fancy for taking camping, but the limited edition backpack ($220) has so many useful pockets, you should bring it anyway. The heavyweight duck canvas can be applied to any kind of outing.
4. Otavalo hat on L-Atitude: You can’t go away without a hat. Give this one ($115), from the socially responsible Ecuadorian label Valdez, a spin on the beach this weekend.
5. Aubrey iPad case on Lux Fix: What’s great about this piece by Miller & Jeeves ($117) is that after you transport your iPad safely and in style, you can use the case as a clutch. The robin’s egg blue shade is perfect for pairing with a laid back vacation evening outfit.