Will More Ways to "Like" An Item Fix Social Commerce?

Elle Spring Trend Report Facebook

Social commerce could be on the verge of expansion with a new service called Graphite, which allows brands to better leverage their social media. For a fee, retailers can install a whole range of buttons on their web sites, spin-offs of the traditional Facebook “like” and Twitter “tweet this” choices.  When visitors click one of the bespoke buttons attached to a particular product, their choice and the item will show up on their Facebook timeline.

The Spring Trend Report from Elle lets shoppers choose whether they “love,” “want,” or “own” an item.

For instance, someone shopping Nine West’s site — Nine West is one of Graphite’s early adopters — will be able to choose from “want,” “own,” or “love”  product buttons.   An item for which they choose a button will go on their Facebook page — literally.  Rather than the typical link that would appear from clicking “like,” Graphite will create a shoppable story, including the item and related products, right in Facebook’s newsfeed.

The company 8thBridge, which created Graphite, sees this expanded social commerce as a way for brands to more deeply engage with their online audiences.  It’s also a chance for them to experiment — if a “love” button gets little traction, they can install a different message.  It’s also more than just a platform for retail; Elle magazine is already on board, working with their advertisers to create an online spring trend piece with relevant, shoppable products.   The results are peppered with Graphite’s bespoke buttons.

Oscar de la Renta, Toms, and Avon are among other early adopters.  Facebook commerce hasn’t yet taken off, but with a host of new options from Graphite, this could be the turnaround point.

8 Responses to “Will More Ways to "Like" An Item Fix Social Commerce?”

1. Danita Touma

I have had the Joy of becoming friends with Cody and Art Hilidbrand in Cinn,they and their skunks have taught me so much .Im a camp host at Hueston Woods State Park ,I pass the info along to our campers so they to can ubderstand and enjoy these wonderful creatures ..good jobCody and Art

2. Mikel Biffle

Hello. I am a brand new Book Editor and was looking to better be set up for my event at United Health Group Inc. That is exactly why I came to your blog website. Being raised in Enterprise and going to school at Luther Seminary (MN) in Magnolia Springs, has assisted me to prepare for my destiny. My mother and father were also trainers and they informed me about this guide as a result of reading India the Showstopper. Be grateful to you

3. Jae Fahy

Morning. I have not been at this site since august. It was merely because I was traveling to Sydney because of my contract at CIGNA Corporation. This takes a large amount of time from me, however I still think about your comment. I remember our days at College of the Menominee Nation (WI) in Florida. So glad that we had a time to compete close the park. Please send my regards to Margaret and chris. Goodbye

4. Josephina Zwerschke

What’s up! We are similarly a trainer. I appreciate you for having such an thrilling blog post. Being from Chelsea , has given me with a really good insight on what is needed to tour to Indian Springs. My Spouse will keep working to come and examine your website to better understand where to go when we drive to metro atlanta. Be sure to continue publishing and give us your insights on University of Oklahoma–Tulsa (OK). Expect to see you before long at the new job fair at Humana Inc.. Have a good day.

5. パネライ スーパーコピー 販売

りんごを丸ごとバームクーヘンで包んで焼き上げた、かくれたりんご、りんごを丸ごとアップルパイにした気になるりんご、りんごをスライスしたチップスなどは、人気のお土産です。そんなりんごのお菓子の中でもおすすめのお土産は、ラグノオささきのパティシエのりんごスティックです。大きめにカットされた青森県産のふじりんごとスポンジがパイ生地に包まれていて、りんごのシャキシャキした歯ざわりとジューシーな食感が、パイ生地と絶妙にマッチして、青森のお菓子ならではの贅沢な味わいが楽しめるお菓子です。
    パネライ スーパーコピー 販売 http://www.gowatchs.com/brand-237.html

6. グッチ ワンピース 価格

弊社はルイヴィトン スーパーコピー100%実物写真ですし、品質が完璧です。安全税関対策+素早い配送+随時の在庫補給+丁寧な対応+スーパーコピー販売業界最低価格に挑戦!◆送料は無料です(日本全国)!◆在庫情報随時更新! ◆N品質シリアル付きも有り 付属品完備!◆経営方針: 品質を重視、納期も厳守、信用第一!ルイヴィトン財布スーパーコピー
    グッチ ワンピース 価格 http://www.bestevance.com/rolex/daytona/116520-1.html

7. グッチ 8900m 定価 900ml

新しい科学技術の革新していつも伴っ応援の拍手と疑問の声が、北斗衛星チーム2012年度革新賞を獲得した人物で、その時計製品の未来の発展状況の良し悪しか否か、注目される。
    グッチ 8900m 定価 900ml http://www.newkakaku.com/gb11.htm

8. スーパーコピー 通販 40代

エルバーキンコピーエルメスバーキン30コピーエルメス ボリード47,エルメス バッグ 名前,エルメス ネクタイ ピンク エルメス クラッチバッグ,エルメス バッグ コピー,エルメス バーキン コピー エルメス 財布 ダミエ オークション,エルメス ヨーロッパ,エルメス エールライン エルメス クラッチ激安通販、高い品質、送料無料。バーキン25コピー、バーキン30コピー、バーキン35コピー、
    スーパーコピー 通販 40代 http://www.msnbrand.com/brand-copy-IP-25.html

Leave a Comment!

• (will not be published)

*Required field