Earth Day falls on April 22 this year, so we thought we’d get you ready for an eco-friendly weekend with the best in green design that’s still as fashionable as can be. Luckily, our favorite online shopping curators feel as good about sustainable style as we do, and produced an array of good-looking picks this week.
1. Madras carry all on IOU: The IOU Project makes it its business to create fashion in a sustainable, small batch way. Their handmade madras carry all ($51) is perfect for a 17″ MacBook Pro.
2. Upcycled rings on AHAlife: This week’s featured jewelry line, East Fourth Street, offers stackable rings ($230) from recycled sterling silver. They’re all handmade in Minnesota by Susan Crow, an award-winning sustainable designer.
3. Windowpane tee on Of a Kind: It only comes in a limited run of 50, it’s hand-dyed, and the cotton used is organic. We love this cool take, by Study, on a the basic gray tee ($78).
4. Lila split scarf on L-Atitude: The supermodel Liya Kebede created Lemlem to employ artisan weavers in Ethiopia who hand-weave traditional designs. This modern version of their style makes for a perfect summer scarf ($150).
5. Devotion pendant earrings on Svpply: Kyler Designs specializes in sustainable, modern jewelry. These particular pendant earrings ($98) are made from recycled steel, then dipped in 24 karat gold. We love the combination of their unique look and green origin.