It’s not just about having a fashionable Facebook presence — with the holiday season rolling around, retailers are using the social media outlet to offer particularly festive content and contests. These five brands have knocked it out of the park this year with enticing (and rewarding) Facebook holiday tactics:
1. Coach: Coach is appealing to its male customer base in time for the holidays by launching a blog round-up published on Facebook. The leather goods brand partnered with Cool Hunting and Gear Patrol to offer a new editorial project featuring interesting men (think couriers, band members, and an editor from GiltMAN) and the Coach products they like best.
2. LVMH: LVMH is using Facebook to invite young fans of the luxury group to share their vision of the brand going into the future — hence, the contest (which takes place in 10 cities around the world) is called the “Future of Tradition.” The contest opens to each of the ten cities one by one; winners from each location will be invited to LVMH-sponsored forums in 2012.
3. kate spade new york: To enter the brand’s Prize Ball contest, just “like” kate spade new york’s Facebook page. Part of kate spade’s “Give Colorfully” holiday campaign, fans can register their email address via Facebook in order to unwrap a Prize Ball — with the chance of winning a handbag — and access discounts.
4. Bloomingdale’s: The department store came up with a unique way to get you onto their Facebook page — literally. Bloomingdale’s Manhattan flagship is known for its holiday window displays, and this year, the store added a feature that photographs admirers on the street as they peer in. The images are uploaded to their Facebook Holiday Windows app. If you’re strolling past the store this season, don’t forget to look for your mug shot later!
5. Gap: Gap’s 12 Days of Joy photo contest invites fans to upload their favorite holiday pictures along with captions in order to enter to win a $500 gift card. And just to sweeten the deal, the retailer’s page also offers a “Joy It Up” mixtape of new holiday music.
Note: kate spade new york is owned by Liz Claiborne Inc., the sponsor of this site.