As we made the rounds of our top retail curation sites this week, we kept the upcoming Thanksgiving break in mind — after all, it’s nice to head home looking fashionable, but not so edgy you make the aunts and uncles nervous. These picks do double duty as fun wardrobe staples and family get-together conversation starters.
Erin Wasson’s arrowhead studs are a mere $25 on Community Collection.
1. Arrowhead studs on Community Collection: Model-turned-designer Erin Wasson’s earrings ($25) accomplish a whole range of things at once — first, they’re offered on Community Collection, which gives 20% of all its designers’ proceeds to charity (Wasson’s non-profit of choice is the Surfrider Foundation). Second, they’re in keeping with certain trends this season without causing a flap. And lastly, they’re only twenty-five bucks! How could you resist?
Los Angeles-based designer Claire Vivier’s pochette is $88 on Of a Kind this week.
2. Leopard pochette on Of a Kind: Claire Vivier’s 60-piece limited edition pochette ($88) works as either a wallet or a clutch. And, so sorry to remind you, but you’re going home, not out — so this little guy should be just perfect for holding Thanksgiving dinner distraction essentials (phone, lipstick, and maybe a business card or two, just in case).
J/Hadley’s pave pendants start at $175 on AHAlife.
3. J/Hadley pendant on AHAlife: J/Hadley’s necklaces (from $175), introduced on the daily-updated luxury site AHAlife this week, are delicate and a little weird at the same time. Our first choice is this petite, curving snake, but to take the conversation piece up a notch, there’s a skull motif available, too.
One Fine Thread’s head wrap, $250, found by L-Atitude.
4. Head wrap on L-Atitude: Take a basic holiday outfit, channel Blair Waldorf, and dress it up with an intricate, pretty head wrap. The global curation and travel site L-Atitude found this particular iteration of the look ($250) from One Fine Thread, which works with craftsmen from the San Bushmen tribe in Southern Africa to create their unique pieces.
The globally-minded retailer Wear Ever You Are included this look from James Coviello ($328) in their editorial on knits this week.
5. Cable knit sweater on Wear Ever You Are: If your family’s anything like ours, there’s no guarantee that a houseful of guests means they’ll turn up the heat. Make a statement without sacrificing warmth with James Coviello’s uniquely-knit sweater ($328), which the retail editorial site Wear Ever You Are found this week in their wrap-up of great cable knits.