Style.com is launching a print magazine next week, British Vogue‘s Online Fashion Week is growing, and trade shows are investing in new digital presences. Read on for the best of fashion’s tech side this week.
1. Style.com will debut its first print magazine issue next week: The online home of everything related to high fashion is entering the world of print, with the aptly titled Style.com/Print, set to launch with Lindsay Wixson on its cover. (NY Times)
2. Groupon’s IPO might be its own best daily deal: Well, not really, but the coupon site’s expected November 4th IPO has dropped from $30 billion to a somewhat more reasonable $11.4 billion. (The High Low)
3. Trade shows are beginning to go digital: Traditional, face-to-face events like Pitti Uomo (the menswear tradeshow in Italy) are implementing technological strategies in order to keep pace in a digital age. Pitti Uomo, for instance, launched e-Pitti.com this year. (Business of Fashion)
4. 10 of the best fashion apps for the iPhone are free: There are myriad mobile apps out there for sharing and finding style — so why pay for the download? These 10 apps offer great fashion tools at no cost. (The High Low)
5. British Vogue‘s Online Fashion Week added Alexander McQueen and Burberry to its roster: The magazine will introduce the first ever Online Fashion Week at the beginning of December, and more and more fashion houses are getting on board with as-yet-unspecified virtual events.