Let’s face it: Your dad has enough quirky ties, cartoon-printed boxers, and hats with straws attached (presumably to imbibe some sort of alcohol). Are you stuck on what to get him this year? Here are our last-minute gift ideas for the man who will drive 2 hours in the rain just to backup your hard drive:
1. A canvas briefcase: Donate that beat-up black leather version he normally totes around and opt for a cool and collected canvas version.
2. A soda maker: With this genius invention—which produces sparkling water at the push of the button—even the most pedestrian dinner feels special.
3. Non-cargo men’s shorts: Whether you’re poolside or at the beach, trim board shorts are a flattering change of pace from those baggy cargo styles.
4. The perfect ice tray: These trays produce large, square ice cubes which not only keep drinks colder longer, but also melt more slowly, resulting in better-tasting beverages. It’s basically a picky dad’s dream come true.
5. A really good pair of jeans: Even dads need good jeans. A straight-leg version in a dark wash is a must-have for any man’s closet. These are frill-free and will look great with everything.
6. An iPad: If dad doesn’t have an iPad, we’re sure one is on his wishlist. You can even go the personalized route and get his engraved.
7. Socks that aren’t boring: Socks are typically a safe (if boring) gift option. But Happy Socks’ bright colors and bold patterns make this practical present much more fun.
8. Netflix: If he’s not already a subscriber, bring dad into the 21st century with a gift subscription to Netflix. You can choose anywhere from one month to a year of movie rentals.